2013 USATF NW Region Championships Open/Masters
Nov 23rd 2013, 9:00am, Blue Lake Park, Fairview, Oregon
The 2013 NW Region Open/Master XC Championship Race will be held on Saturday, November 23rd at Blue Lake Park in Portland, Oregon in conjunction with the 2013 Stumptown Cross Series race #5 hosted by Team Red Lizard. This championship meet is USATF sanctioned.
The Women’s Open/Master Race will be 6,000m and will start at 9:00am.
The Men’s Open/Master Race will be 10,000m and will start at 9:45am.
Athletes can sign up online for the 2013 NW Region Open/Master XC Championship at http://www.redlizardrunning.com/xc/. The cost is $15 online or $20.00 day of race. There will be day of race registration available beginning at 8:00am on race day.
2013 NW Region Open/Master XC Championship race scoring rules
For Open Teams:
1) First five runners score.
2) A team can have a maximum of 8 "declared" runners for a maximum of 3 non-scoring displacers per team.
3) Ties are "resolved by determining
final scoring place." (This is a new rule introduced in 2012 that replacde the old rule of breaking ties by the 6th runner; NCAA also introduced this rule this year.)
4) Unattached runners or runners on incomplete teams or runners on teams finishing after the maximum number of "declared runners" (eg the 9th runner on a team) are eliminating from team scoring, just like the Stumptown rules.
For Masters Teams:
1) Independently scored masters team divisions of 40+, 50+, 60+ and 70+ for both men and women.
2) M40+, M50+ and M60+ five
3) M60+ and above, and all women’